The DMM leads the men’s or women’s merchandising team and is involved in bringing successful product categories to market with the end in mind. Provides direction to the merchandising team and contributes to the development of the product strategy including strategic product vision, seasonal strategies and concepts, product architecture, line plan and merchandising strategies. This person will act as the cross functional leader for all product categories. Partners effectively with Design, Commercialization, Sourcing, Production, Planning and Allocations to ensure targets/kpi’s are met.
The DMM is responsible for ensuring the company meets its overall objective of “Right Product, Right Stores, Right Time.”
a day in the life of a Director of Merchandise Management
- Accountable for international merchandising strategies for assigned department/business, creates end in mind vision.
- Works closely with design team and VM team to ensure concept to floor execution
- Oversees and guides execution of regional merchandising strategies
- Responsible for the product lifecycle for all merchandise categories through all phases of plan, develop, manage, retire
- Works collaboratively with store of future, store ops, real estate, brand and community to execute lululemon’s brand strategy through merchandising strategies.
- Provides leadership for the merchandising team to meet key milestone GTM gate deliverables, supporting on time delivery.
- Serve as a member of the product leadership team and acts as a key voice in the direction of product vision, seasonal strategies and concepts
- Provides monthly and quarterly performance summaries to support executive reviews.
- Trains, supports and develops regional teams
The finer print
- 10+ years of experience in merchant /buyer role, with 5 years management experience
- Strong Leadership skills
- Vertical retail experience required
- Mastery of retail mathematics and Open to Buy
- Proven ability to work with and lead a cross functional team
- Excellent sense of style, color and athletic trends
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility