Liaison Office, Hong Kong, China
As a member of the Outbound Logistics Team, you support our Retail Stores by meeting distribution and transportation customer service requirements. Monitor and ensure that all movement of product is performed to schedule. Provide updates and recommendations Logistics team regarding: timely product delivery, shipment accuracy, and cost control. Provide process expertise to Stores, Store Ops, Distribution and SSC Partners (Merchandising, Allocation, and Finance). Complete “special-assignment” projects on-time. Work directly with transportation vendors to ensure timely and efficient deliveries to all Store locations.
Reports to the Outbound Logistics Manager (aka Shipping Manager); and collaborates with the other applicable members of the lululemon team. Implements tactical operational strategy, course corrects for planned and unforeseen events, provides timely communication.
Principles of Accountabilities:
• Monitors the transportation flow of all Retail Orders from the Distribution Centers and Vendors to the Store Locations.
• Directs 3PL facilities in all Store related deliveries regarding delivery schedules, carton caps and any special services or requirements for Top Volume locations.
• Work closely with Allocation Planning, Merchandising & Inventory Control in the prioritization and tracking of Retail allocations.
• Monitor DC ship dates and transit time of all Retail orders on a daily basis.
• Acts as a liaison to Allocation for all expedited orders to Retail and Ecom.
• Provide weekly and monthly shipping reports and updates to all Corporate partners for all Retail orders shipped from the Distribution Centers.
• Identify opportunities to improve utilization of existing distribution infrastructure.
• Participate in root cause analysis to identify and resolve strategic supply chain bottlenecks
• Perform due diligence to develop business cases for initiatives to reduce cost and improve Customer Service.
• Support the Retail Operations team and Retail Stores in all Special Projects & Logistical related matters; New Store Openings, Transfers & Returns.
• Closely monitor all new store openings
• Attend New Store Openings for Initial Drop of product for all Top Volume locations.
Critical Skills & Job Complexity :
Unique Knowledge and Experience:
• Demonstrate proficiency in influencing Distribution Leadership to process and ship orders on schedule.
• Provide technical expertise and support to all Retail Partners on Receiving processes, policies and systems.
• <2 years Experience in Retail store sales/operations. Apparel experiences a plus.
• <2 years customer service experience
• Interacts externally with Carriers, 3PLs, Contractors, and professional organizations. Internally Interacts with business functional leadership in Store Operations, Planning and Distribution, Central Order Management, Inventory Control, Customer Service Centers.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
• The Logistics Manager will address problems associated with coordinating and scheduling multiple operations to maintain efficient deliveries and quality standards. The problem solving ability will be utilized to provide tactical delivery requirements. and cost containment ideas. The Logistics Manager will recommend solutions and tactics to achieve business goals.
• The Logistics Manager will have to manage many complex business priorities while modeling superior leadership of a large, diverse workforce.
Education and Experience:
• >2 Years experience in Retail
• Proficiency with MS Office platform ( Access, Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint ) and Database Management
• Knowledge of transportation tracking systems
• Customer service
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Understanding of factors that influence store deliveries
• Ability to analyze and recommend warehouse and transportation performance enhancements and/or cost improvements
• Special project experience
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Willingness and ability to function independently and in a team environment
• Good at research and investigating information
• Strong Problem Solving Skills
• Ability to lift 40lbs
• Fluency in English