Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
Community and Partner Sustainability
Community and Partner Sustainability is lululemon athletica’s department of corporate social responsibility (CSR). We chose to define our team in these words because our focus is on people and relationships, both the impacts we have on them and with them. We lead the charge on how we are being responsible community members from factory to store, as you’ll see by our corporate social and environmental responsibility activities and our strong partnership with our vendor communities.
A day in the life of a Community Sustainability Operations Specialist
• You develop, implement and monitor sustainability programs that deliver clear, measureable environmental and social benefits and are aligned with our company and sustainability strategy.
• You work within our communities to inspire action and develop and implement creative solutions that ensure sustainability programs stay on track.
• You create and track the performance metrics of programs and initiatives and recommend improvements, and prepare various internal and external reports.
• You support the preparation of business cases and long range plans for sustainability by analyzing the benefits of initiatives and performing financial and statistical analysis to identify and quantify opportunities.
• You gather, verify and analyze data relating to lululemon’s environmental and social footprint (carbon, water, waste, etc.), and support the development of a sustainability management information system.
The finer print
• Graduate degree in a related field (Sustainability, Environmental Sciences or Business) along with five years of professional experience in sustainability.
• The ability to influence through strong verbal communication skills and maintain positive relationships with internal clients and external partners.
• The ability to effectively analyze and synthesize data.
• Knowledge of best practices in social and environmental sustainability and are excited for an opportunity to innovate.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office).