Here is Brittany, lululemon's product trainer, with the five things you need to know about The Mat:
1. It was created using the same technology as the grips on tennis racket handles. This super grippy mat means angst free downward facing dogs and warriors.
2. It's ultra absorbent and sucks in sweat and moisture, which allows the practice surface to maintain its grip. The Mat will get dark where it gets wet until it dries completely, so get ready to show the world that you sweat once a day.
3. The top layer of The Mat is made with Polyurethane mixed with Ultra Fresh brand antibacterial treatment, which means that it prevents the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew and fungi. The bottom layer is a mixture of natural rubber and 10% recycled luon®. This means that The Mat has latex, and will have a natural rubber scent that will diminish over time. Clean your mat regularly and leave unrolled to speed this process up
4. To care for your mat, clean it after every practice with a natural cleanser like water mixed with lemon juice. For more thorough cleaning, completely saturate The Mat in water and allow to air dry.
5. The Mat is wider than most, to give a larger practice surface, and is 5mm thick, to provide great cushioning.
I love this mat because I have never used a mat where I didn’t slip slightly, and on this one, I don’t budge.