Meet the Contributor: Liz J.
Five facts about Liz:
1. I’m an East coast girl – BIG time. We’re talkin’ sailing, walks on the beach, yoga classes in a boathouse, Sloan, donairs and all. BUT I’m super excited to be taking it from the best coast to the West coast in February… I mean, it IS going to be the centre of the universe. BUT I’ve got a few travel goals: I will visit (and blog) every National Park in Canada with my friend Kim by October, 2012. I will participate in the Bali Spirit Festival by May, 2013. I will do a vineyard tour of Cape Town, South Africa by September, 2015…
2. I have a bit of a Cool Racerback “problem” – I’m currently eyeing Bold Blue as the 13th addition to my collection. I mean, they’re just SO versatile! Why fight it?
3. I will be a 500-hour certified yoga teacher by July 1st, 2010 – I’ll be heading to Byron Bay, Australia in May to complete my training! I’m definitely a yogi, and as the Community Leader at lululemon athletica Halifax, I get to attend at least 4 classes per week. Talk about sweating once a day!
4. I spent 3 months last year volunteering in Madagascar doing forest management and conservation. It’s the most incredibly beautiful place with the most wonderful people – I really can’t say enough about it, so ASK me! I’ve got stories for days, and it really helped me to shape my goals for the future.
5. Words that I live by (and the reason why I love my job!): “A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.” – L.P. Jacks