Jamieson is on our social media and online community team, and is a registered holistic nutritionist and passionate runner. As well, she's a local improv comedian, which is super rad.
We asked seven Paleo enthusiasts for their favourite recipe, and we’ll be sharing them all right here, one every Saturday morning, until we’ve got a new, super tasty dish to make every day of the week. And we should give you the heads up: recipes this good make make eating like a caveman seem more gourmet then barbaric, but eat with your hands anyways (we won’t tell).
Bram Hutchinson is a planner here at the lululemon store support centre and the guy behind the website Trained By Insulin, where he outlines his experiences managing Type 1 Diabetes. Growing up in the San Diego area and going to college there, Mexican food was a staple for Bram. His Carnitas Lettuce Wraps are a healthier, low-carb option to burritos and tacos.
• carnitas (pulled pork) – can substitute ground chicken, lean beef or turkey
• romaine lettuce leafs
• chopped white onion – sauté with the meat or eat raw
• diced garlic – mix with carnitas as it cooks
• squeeze fresh lime juice – either in meat or as garnish
• 1 sliced bell pepper (any colour)
• cilantro, tomato to taste
• cheese (optional)
• hot sauce to taste
Sauté carnitas with onion and garlic. Add squeeze of fresh lime juice. Assemble ingredients in romaine lettuce leaf and roll. ¡Buen provecho!