Start your day off on the right foot with a smoothie and look no further than the ingredients in your fridge! We've rounded up our favourite smoothie recipes from other sites and Whitney shares her own creation, the Proteinacinno.
Here are some great, easy, healthy, and fast smoothie recipes:
- 5 Holiday Smoothie Recipes from The Healthy Happy Life. Includes a Sweet Apple Pie smoothie that is healthy - and vegan!
- Winter Smoothies from thekitchn.com. Smoothie recipes using common winter ingredients around your kitchen, like oranges.
- Holiday Cranberry Smoothie from Greenlemonade.com
- Green Monster Movement: Easy to make green smoothies by Angela from Oh She Glows.
- Smoothie Bowl: Ever heard of SIAB? FitSugar explains this acronym.
- Almond Banana Smoothie from Epicurious
- Detox smoothies from Goop.com (scroll down for smoothie action).
- Get Your Greens Smoothie from Whole Foods. Only three ingredients!
- Paradise Found Smoothie from Whole Foods. Try adding some silken tofu for a punch of protein.
- Stay Young Smoothie from marthastewart.com is loaded with long-term health boosters.
- NY Times Smoothie : Mark Bittman makes smoothies and goes over some dos and don'ts of smoothie making.
I'm a vegetarian, so finding protein is sometimes a challenge. I came up with the Proteinnacinno to get my day started off right. This recipe is delicious, makes me happy, and is without question better for me than just a cup of coffee for breakfast.
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Designer Whey Protein Powder (or any chocolate protein, I hear Vega is good for Vegans)
- 1 1/2 Shot of Espresso (brewed on the stove is the best), or a packet of Starbucks Via
- 1 tbsp of almond butter (I prefer raw)
- 4 ounces or so of water
- 1 tsp. of unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 6 or so ice cubes depending on if you want a frappuccino or an iced latte version
- *Optional 1 tbsp of coconut milk creamer
A little bit of coffee, a little bit of protein and a lot of deliciousness in one cup. Sip and enjoy!
According to myfitnesspal, the iPhone app I use to measure my daily calorie intake, this recipe is about 215-235 calories, 23 grams of protein and only 3 grams of sugar.
What's your favourite smoothie recipe?