As an educator at our Houston Highland Village store, Laura loves to inspire others and to be inspired by those around her. Recently, she became so inspired by the flow of inspiration around her that she had to share her experience. Read on and join her circle of inspiration.
The life I love is challenging, uncertain, and sometimes outright tiring. After experiencing lululemon’s entrepreneurial-focused culture as a part-time educator at the San Antonio store, I went on to a career and a job where I felt unhappy and stuck. To maintain balance in my life, I surrounded myself with healthy, inspiring, like-minded people who all seemed to have two desires in common: to make a difference in the world; and to live a happy life.
My goal became to create my life around those two intentions. The inspiration to achieve those goals took many forms:
- an inspiring and empowering yoga teacher training at a local studio
- my friend, Jenny, having the strength to change career and find happiness
- the passion for life and love of lululemon Key Leader, Emily Jacobs
- support from friends and family
- my yoga practice
The journey towards my goal led to me leaving a well-paying, status quo job for a risky, less-mainstream one. The result? I am financially stable. I love the work I do. I am inspired by the people I work with on a daily basis. I am simply a happy human being. I am also fortunate enough to have the opportunity to inspire others around me as a friend, yoga teacher and lululemon educator. The flow of inspiration starts with just one brave act.
top 10 ways to inspire others in your community
- share ideas generously with anyone who will listen; without fear
- follow your passion
- face the unknown with curiosity and excitement
- drop your labels and open yourself up to constant change and growth (labeling yourself limits your potential)
- allow others to share in your greatness and allow others to (gasp!) copy you; without judgment.
- don’t base your wants on society’s wants, or the status quo
- let others’ ideas be different from yours, and let that difference inspire you
- forget your ego and take responsibility for your circumstances
- set goals and accomplish them
- enlist the help and support of others
Inspiration can be a lot like the butterfly effect; a tiny action from you can set off a chain reaction. Hopefully all our little butterflies are sending out positive ripples through the universe.
- Share your goals to actively seek and give inspiration.
- Find an inspirational ambassador in your area.