Dear Light Up Cycling Line,
I heart you big time. Here are the top 6 reasons why (that’s right, I couldn’t stop at 5):
1. It may be obvious, but the reflective taping on the back is awesome. On my white jersey, you can’t even see the taping until light hits it. The shorts have it right down the back, which is exactly where you need it the most for maximum visibility. This is such a great safety feature, especially in the summer, when it’s too hot to do a long ride in the middle of the day. You still need to feel like you’re wearing next to nothing in the warm evenings, but you have the reflectivity you need.
2. The Circle Mesh Back on the Jersey. The ENTIRE back (and a bit of the front) is circle mesh. It’s moisture wicking, and basically air-conditions the whole shirt. This is pretty rad because it makes this the most lightweight jersey I own, which also makes it my favourite.
3. The Back Pockets. This jersey has two deep pockets in the back that fit EVERYTHING. I’m talking pump, spare tubes, sandwich (PB&J), gels, phone for emergencies, and there’s still room for more. The secret is the super stretchy circle mesh which can accommodate almost anything you’d want to put in there. The shorts have a secure back pocket, which is perfect for my ID and anything that I need to keep safe.
4. Power Luxtreme. The shorts, and the front of the jersey are made of inherently wicking, lightweight power luxtreme. This is so key for hot summer days, as it keeps me drier than other materials, and feels amazing against my skin.
5. Angled Sleeves. These are perhaps the sexiest sleeves I’ve seen on a bike jersey. They are shorter and angled, so that when I’m leaned forward on my road bike, I avoid the dreaded Farmer’s tan. Trivial, I know, but come on, it’s like the icing on the technical features cake.
Britt in the Light Up Jersey, avoiding Farmer's tan!
padding (aka the 'chamois')
6. The Chamois. It is so hard to find a cycling short with a chamois (pronounced "sham-ee") that doesn’t look like a diaper. This one is perfect because it’s discreet, but still makes my training rides super comfortable! Now I can chill post ride at my fave coffee shop or local pub and not feel self conscious.