Thinking about trying a Triathlon? Don't know where to start? Pop into your local lululemon and ask the team!
Hooray, I finished my first triathlon this past weekend! No crashes, leg cramps or tears – success! The ocean was calm, the course was beautiful and there were 5 other lululemon teammates racing. In fact, it was really fun – at least once I was finished.
Thoughts That Go Through Your Head
You have a lot of time to think over the course of a race. Here were the thoughts going through my head:
• I can't believe I'm doing this – amazing, we rock!
• I'm never doing this again, once is enough, people will understand
• Wow, I just passed a 26-year-old, I rock!
• What do you mean we have to do another loop on the bike?
• Mmm, love the color of my new tank top and look, no chafing
• Crap, how are those old guys running by me? They left 2 heats after me
• I need a mani/pedi
• Finish line, thank goodness!
• Whoa, that was cool, maybe I should do another one?
Highs and Lows
The high point of my race was finding out I got 3rd in my age group in the swim. All those master swim sessions paid off. The low was loop two of the run. I felt dizzy because I don't have the skills to drink water and bike at the same time. My friend and stud Tri Babe, Rachel Ross made me feel lots better by saying "if you aren't hurting by mile 2 of the run at a sprint triathlon, you aren't trying." Thanks Rach!
Try a Tri
Thinking about a triathlon? Do it, sign up! Grab some friends and get it done. It's an amazing feeling to cross a finish line. People will help you. You can have a swim buddy. You can be part of a relay. You are done by 10am and can eat all the pancakes you want! Don't know where to start? Go into your local lululemon and ask the team. If they aren’t doing one already, chances are you'll inspire them to do it with you!
View run clothing: