we asked: pants, crops or shorts?
Last week there was a question buzzing around the Digital team: what do you love to work out in: pants, crops or shorts? We spun it to our friends on Facebook and got a tidal wave of feedback. Bottom line is this: everyone has an opinion. The question is really not that simple but people really love whatever they choose.
It goes without saying that people in colder climates love pants more than those in sunnier spots, but weather aside, why do people love their pants?
- Muscles stay warm. Cold-weather runners and yin-yogis agree. Injury prevention never looked better. Wicking fabrics mean you're warm without being sweaty.
- They're perfect for instructors. They're not working like the rest of the class and that extra length does a body good.
- Razors last longer. Why shave your legs when you can wear pants instead?
- They're versatile. Reverse them, roll them, or cuff them. (If you're feeling adventurous, hem them into crops. Speaking of...)
If Goldilocks shopped at our store, we're pretty sure she would only buy crops. The consensus is that they're not too cool, not too hot, not too short and not too long - they're just right. Perhaps the ultimate in versatility, here's what people love about crops.
- They have built-in air conditioning. That breeze on the calves feels so right when you're working so hard.
- You can get a grip in hot yoga. A lot of guests like how they can hold tree pose more easily with a little help from their crops.
- Spin class has no surprises. There's no chance of catching a hem in a pedal.
- Your skin can come out to play. If you've been working on toning your legs but shorts are still a bit frightening, crops are the perfect choice. (You have to start somewhere, right?)
'Tis almost the season for sunscreen and sandals. In the summer months, most people whip out their shorts for their workouts but even guests outside of California, Florida and Arizona wear shorts all year long. Here's why.
- Hello, maximum freedom! Nothing feels better than wearing nothing at all and shorts are the closest thing.
- You can wear them like a trophy. The best reward is feeling fearless in your Speed Shorts.
- They go the distance. Clocking major miles in shorts is the way to go for all our marathoners out there.
- You can't hide. They're the ultimate "hold me accountable for my form" sign for instructors worldwide, a major plus for those looking to take their fitness up a notch.
if you're here to shop
We offer a lot of our favourite styles in varied hem lengths so you don't have to choose one fit over another. You can find your favourite Groove fit in pants, crops and shorts. Same goes for the Relaxed Fit and Wunder Unders. (FACT: The Boogie Shorts fit just like your favourite pair of versatile tights. Don't let the name fool you.)
Elim loves the Wunder Unders so much, she wore them for 31 days straight.
No matter which style you choose, there are things to know before you buy. If flat seams, gussets, hidden pockets and moisture-wicking luon are words you're unfamiliar with, check out a few other blogs to get familiar with the basics.
- How do I wash my lululemon? You're dying to know. It's simple.
- What is a gusset? Great question. It's money well spent. Learn why.
- Can I get my older pants hemmed? Sure can. Read all about complimentary hemming.
- What the *Br does that mean?! Yes, those abbreviations mean something. Read our guide to product lingo.
Stash your gym pass, credit card and house key in our hidden pockets.
- Join the Facebook hemline conversation. It's a looooong one.
- Get inspired by all things Wunder-ful. Check out Elim's 31-day Challenge.
- Get in your Groove. This blog has tips to finding the perfect fit in our iconic pant.
- Shop for your next favourite pair of pants, crops or shorts. Right this way.