#122 – vancouverites are awesome
As a Canadian, I stand by the world’s perception that Canucks are nice people (maybe even too nice) and I’ll admit that we do tend to over-apologize (sorry guys, it’s true). But as a new kid in town, I’m confident in saying that the nicest people I’ve ever met all call Vancouver home.
You know you’ve met a vancouverite when:
- your paddleboard instructor becomes your friend after one lesson
- you're offered directions before you ask for them because you look lost
- they are originally from anywhere on the planet except Vancouver
- the woman who waxes your eyebrows knows your life story – and you know hers
- a complete stranger cracks a joke with you in an elevator (Vancouverites be warned: this isn’t considered “normal” in other cities)
- they aren’t fluent in Japanese but can definitely tell you the difference between maki, sashimi and nigiri
So to the Vancouverites reading this, I want to thank you for making me feel like I’m always in good company. Oh, and for explaining that a flashing green light doesn't mean you have an advance left, like it does in the rest of the country. You truly saved my life.