top 10 wanderlust must-haves
When our team hit the Wanderlust yoga festival in Bondville, Vermont, last month they had an amazing time (despite the inclement weather). It was like a sampler pack of yoga styles and music: acro-yoga, vinyasa, chanting and gongs. With plenty more summer still to come and lots more festivals coming too, Paula (our Social Media Specialist) put together her list of essentials to get the most out of upcoming yoga festivals.
1. Wanderlust Rucksack – I was lucky enough to test this backpack before it hit stores. I loved all of the zipper pockets and the laptop sleeve; plus the built in rain cover came in handy during the unexpected downpours.
2. Skinny Satin Pirouette – I’ve finally found a headband that works for my head; skinny and sticky so it stays in place. We did tons of inversion workshops so this was crucial for keeping my hair out of my face and letting me focus on the pose.
3. The Mat – Cushioned and grippy! After a 12-hour travel day, I was extremely happy I was carrying a comfy mat.
4. Manduka Equa Towel – The towel helped provide a little more cushion over my travel mat when I needed it and soaked up the puddles.
7. Travel Pooch – Anyone I travel with will tell you I’m more than slightly forgetful. I need a bag I can keep close to my body and easily do my keys-phone-passport-wallet check.
8. Vinyasa Scarf –This magical piece acted as my scarf, towel, wrap, pillow, blanket and rain cover. `
9. Dense Foam Block– I actually didn’t bring this with me, but I wish that I had! Bricks were not supplied in any classes, and when you’re on your 3rd class of the day, a little extra support would have been greatly appreciated.
10. Moleskin (not pictured) - This was beside my mat all weekend. With so many amazing instructors at Wanderlust, I was constantly jotting down inspiration and education. I saw some people using the moleskine app on their iPads instead of notebooks too.
top two nice-to-haves
11. Passport & Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm – These aren't must-haves, but they're pretty important if you're a Canadian with a lip balm addiction.
upcoming wanderlust yoga festivals
- Wanderlust Chicago - Yoga In The City
- Wanderlust Tahoe - Inspired Gathering
- Wanderlust Santa Monica - Yoga In The City
- Wanderlust Tahoe - Wanderlust CA
- Wanderlust Seattle - Yoga In The City