November is upon us and, for our fellow Vancouverites, so is the rainy season. We’re always looking to find weekend activities that are fun, active and, most importantly, sheltered. This weekend we’re taking our plans indoors to explore The Vancouver Yoga Show.
First things first, let’s clear the air and declare that the conference is not just for die-hard yogis. The show is jammed packed with workshops, classes, products and info for healthy living, making it a great resource for yogis, yes, but also for those who are just into leading healthy active lives.
the yoga show
The show floor is full of the latest and greatest health and wellness products, classes and assessments. Admission goes for $15 at the door or you can grab a complimentary pass from your local Vancouver lululemon store. Once you’re in, you have access to 32 yoga classes of varying styles and levels, countless cool products like the Asana Chair or the Three Minute Egg and food and beverage vendors serving up samples of the latest in healthy eating. If you’re looking to reset some of your goals, we’re hosting a free goal setting workshop Saturday night from 7:30-8:30.
the yoga conference
Want to expand and inspire your practice? The conference offers tons of additional workshops, classes and seminars (ranging from $40 - $198) and taught by world-renowned instructors like Seane Corn, Leslie Kaminoff and Jason Crandell (just to name a few). The workshops vary from an all day class on Thai Yoga Massage, to the fun and challenging practice of partner yoga. Registration forms and schedules for these workshops can be found online.
the quick list need-to-knows:
- november 4-6, 2011
- the Vancouver Exhibition and Convention Centre
- get your complimentary admission from any of these lululemon stores: Kitsilano, Robson, Park Royal, Oakridge and The Lab
- everything you need to know: The Conference Guide
- bring cash for cool stuff
- bring your favourite yoga essentials like a mat, towel, block and water
- pack a lunch (there aren’t really any food vendors to grab a full meal so it’s best to bring your own)
Any cool weekend events happening in your neck of the woods?
- more info on the Vancouver Yoga Conference and Show
- the light weight (un) mat: the perfect conference mat companion
- alexis explores wanderlust