One of the best perks of spring is SHORTS. After a long winter of chilly morning runs, there is nothing better than letting your legs out of hibernation (*Editor's Note: I say this while I'm rubbing self tanner into my calves).
I love the Run: Speed Short for many reasons. The wide waistband is made of soft and moisture-wicking Luxtreme (no muffin top here thankyouverymuch) and the seams are flat to reduce chafing. There's a little zippered pocket on the back of the waistband for a key and cards so you can grab
mimosas coffee after your run. The 2 1/2" inseam is an ideal length for both quick training runs and on the day of your half marathon. I also like to wear these bad boys during summer at the beach - they are perfect to throw on over your bikini bottoms after a long day on the sand.
In order to celebrate Leg Season (that's what we're calling it now, right?) we have put together four run outfits featuring the Run: Speed Short in some of our favourite hues of the season: Aquamarine, We Are From Space, Parfait Pink and Beach Blanket Blue.
1. Run: Speed Short in Aquamarine (coming very soon...check back!)
2. Mizuno Wave Runner 15 - I LOVE these running shoes...good for mild pronators.
3. Pure Balance Water Bottle - the grippy handle is perfect during sweaty workouts.
4. Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Menthol & Eucalyptus Lip Salve - no chapping allowed!
5. Cool Racerback in Aquamarine (also coming soon!)
6. Run From Work Backpack II - color blocked and über functional.
7. Fly Away Tamer Headband in Aquamarine (yes, this is also coming very soon)
we are from space
1. Run: Speed Short in We Are From Space (coming soon!)
2. Shape Magazine - the recipes and tips in here are always on point.
3. Dense Foam Block - always good for deep stretches post-run.
4. iPhone 5 in White - let's be honest, this puppy never leaves our side.
5. Vega Pre-Workout Energizer - this will put a little vrooom into your engine!
6. Nike Free 5.0 in Black - these are a gamechanger. Buy a pair and thank me later.
7. Mula Bandhawear Thong in White - the most comfy thong on the planet.
1. Run: Speed Short in Parfait Pink (coming soon!)
2. Kate Spade Mikas Pond Lacey Wallet in Zinnia Pink - worth blowing your budget on.
3. Mula Bandhawear Bikini in Parfait Pink - I have junk in my trunk and these gave me zero VPL.
4. Run: Tame Me Tank - great for those with larger busts who want a little more coverage.
5. Pure Balance Water Bottle in Parfait Pink - hydrate, hydrate and then hydrate some more.
6. Nike Free 3.0 - I saw one of our managers wearing these and fell in love...vintage!
beach blanket blue
1. Run: Speed Short in Beach Blanket Blue (coming soon!)
2. Women's Ultimate Padded Run Sock in Beach Blanket Blue (ALSO coming soon)
3. Bath and Body Works Body Cream in Sea Island Cotton - this stuff smells good.
4. Run: Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve in Beach Blanket Blue (yup, you guess it...coming soon)
5. Zico Coconut Water - electrolytes are our friend in training season.
6. Light As Air Thong - so light you'll forget you're even wearing underwear.
New colours AND warm weather = good times ahead! See you on the streets, trails and seawall soon...remember to give the "runner's wave and smile."