Hello, world! Are you ready for 17 days of once-in-a-lifetime experiences?
For the month of February, our five lululemon blog artists will be experiencing Vancouver and documenting their adventures as the madness unfolds. They'll be yoga-ing, participating in daily challenges, and fill-in-the-blanking. It's impossible to predict exactly what's going to go down this month, but if there's a CGSE blogger nearby you can be assured it'll be twitpic'ed, recorded for our Vimeo channel, and/or written about on the CGSE blog.
Without further ado, meet the blog artists!
five facts about jenna
1. I will forever be a kid at heart
2. I <3 impromptu dancing and/or skipping
3. Food is a big force in my life
4. I like to think of myself as a "mixed bag of nuts"
5. Creating is in my soul
five facts about elim
1. I have goals in fashion and styling. My dream job: freelance stylist and professional blogger coming to you live from the front rows of the most venerable names in fashion.
2. I have a life long love affair with books. When I was in grade 3, I read 100 books during summer break. Send me your suggestions, I'm always looking for something to read. Literally.
3. The people at lululemon changed my life. This saying "Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.- W.Clement Stone" is how I would describe where I work and the people I work with. I am extremely fortunate to have co-workers who are now my greatest friends.
4. I love to dance and will find ways to dance even in the most awkward of moments (Ex. in the SSC parking lot in front of the whole office).
5. I have completed the Vancouver Sun Run 3 years in a row now and am aiming for a finish time of 1 HR this year.
five facts about whitney
1. I am a vegetarian, but my favorite snacks are cheddar bunnies and animal crackers. Weird I know.
2. Writing is my first passion.
3. I have worn the same color hot pink nail polish on my fingers and toes for 4 years now, even on my wedding day with hot pink shoes to match.
4. I once moved to Italy to play softball in their pro circuit, it changed my life and inspired me to apply at lululemon instead of law school. Ciao bella.
5. I believe that food is both the cause and the cure of all of our ailments, and a glass of lambrusco is the secret of a life.
five facts about tiffany
1. my favourite colour is black (and yes! it is a colour...)
2. my BHAG is to be the CEO of lululemon athletica by february 9, 2024
3. the best way to sweat, in my opinion, is a super hot yoga class, or sitting in the hot sun!
4. i LOVE cupcakes... and pizza.
5. travelling is my passion - my next stop will be the summit of mount kilimanjaro in the summer of 2011!
five facts about liz
1. I'm an East coast girl - BIG time. We're talkin' sailing, walks on the beach, yoga classes in a boathouse, Sloan, donairs and all. BUT I'm super excited to be taking it from the best coast to the West coast in February... I mean, it IS going to be the centre of the universe. BUT I've got a few travel goals: I will visit (and blog) every National Park in Canada with my friend Kim by October, 2012. I will participate in the Bali Spirit Festival by May, 2013. I will do a vineyard tour of Cape Town, South Africa by September, 2015...
2. I have a bit of a Cool Racerback "problem" - I'm currently eyeing Bold Blue as the 13th addition to my collection. I mean, they're just SO versatile! Why fight it?
3. I will be a 500-hour certified yoga teacher by July 1st, 2010 - I'll be heading to Byron Bay, Australia in May to complete my training! I'm definitely a yogi, and as the Community Leader at lululemon athletica Halifax, I get to attend at least 4 classes per week. Talk about sweating once a day!
4. I spent 3 months last year volunteering in Madagascar doing forest management and conservation. It's the most incredibly beautiful place with the most wonderful people - I really can't say enough about it, so ASK me! I've got stories for days, and it really helped me to shape my goals for the future.
5. Words that I live by (and the reason why I love my job!): "A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both." - L.P. Jacks
Fan, friend, and follow our CGSE blog team. And if you spot them out and about in Vancouver this February, be sure to say hello. In fact, if you see them and mention the special passphrase "weinerdog", they just may hand you a special surprise!