1. You wake up in a bunk bed in a Swiss chalet (that’s still decorated for Christmas) that you’re sharing with 12 strangers/soon to be BFFs (picture the Real World for yogis).
2. The free gift that’s passed out at registration is a mala bead bracelet (they must have known that we couldn’t possibly fit another canvas tote bag in the trunks of our cars).
3. Instead of free junk food or energy drink samples, they’re handing out massive quantities of Honest Tea and Kefir.
4. About 3 feet from the endless Kefir supply is a booth that advertises: “Kombucha On Tap”, and about another 3 feet over, is a recycling tent with a bin for every type of “would-be-trash” imaginable.
5. There's a tent with free hair braiding (I’m sporting a sweet waterfall braid on both sides right now), a DIY trail mix station out of the trunk of a car, custom screen printed Wanderlust tote bags, and an herbal tea bar (I couldn’t make this up if I tried).
And how do I feel about all of this? 100% awesome and amazing. My little yoga heart is full to the brim and smiling.
additional awesome experiences of day 1
1. The morning meditation hike lead by Garth Stevenson, who seemed to effortlessly glide up the mountain (with a stand-up bass strapped to his back, mind you) to set-up camp in a field of wildflowers and serenade us. Yes, this was 100% as magical as it sounds.
2. The ayurveda workshop I attended where Hilary Garivaltis, Dean of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda, gave a live demonstration on how to use a neti pot. Hopefully she’s inspired me make use of the one I have at home that I bought months ago but have been too scared to use.
3. A detox flow class I took with Seane Corne (woohoo, girls with boys names!) where the main topic of conversation was, well...poop. I’ll spare you all the details, but she ended class by promising us all a "movement" sometime in the near future.
We're at Wanderlust yoga-ing and meeting people for three more days. Check out Amanda in the Wild for more of what we're up to!